Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good deal? used true duals

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good deal? used true duals

Its 3in all the way back to the tips, uses a summit universal x pipe kit magnaflow round mufflers and tailpipes that go under the axle into corsa clone tips
He wants $500

Since they're already set up for under axle, will it be possible to do over axle? Just some fab work and elbow grease? Car is stock height, may or may not lower it, haven't decided. But would like to be able to get to my rear end for a 9" I'll be doing later

Also going to get some LT's, I hear alot about pacesetters, good for clearance/sound/gains? Or is there something that will work with my needs better?

Thanks
Jared
Old 07-06-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I promise it is more than 'elbow grease' to go over the axle...some guys are fine with under the axle...I would be a bit worried, but I also live near some of the worst roads in the US.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no way would i buy those, and consider modding them to go over the axle. with the structuring required to do a true dual, over the axle setup, you might as well start from scratch.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well thankfully my buddies uncle owns a shop and has been doing custom work for 20 years. Using his know how, lift, experience and what not I was hoping for a little ease in it. But I may just do it and leave it under axle then.

But is this a good deal used for $500?