Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header y pipe to lm1 problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default header y pipe to lm1 problem

Got some bbk headers and y pipe for my z28 I read that a,few people had problems with the y pipe that it just butts up against the I pipe on the lm1 catback anyone else with this setup have problems like this? Im planning on getting the end of the y pipe flared or maybe a connector put on the end?
Old 07-15-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You'll want the I-pipe to slip over the merger outlet, if the SLP I-pipe is to small have your exhaust shop expanded it, just enough to slip it over the merger.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
You'll want the I-pipe to slip over the merger outlet, if the SLP I-pipe is to small have your exhaust shop expanded it, just enough to slip it over the merger.
Is there any way i can just buy like a connector piece to connect the y pipe to i pipe? If so what size do I need? The y pipe collector is 3" and the i pipe is 3"? Sorry I am new when it comes to this.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cstone812
Is there any way i can just buy like a connector piece to connect the y pipe to i pipe? If so what size do I need? The y pipe collector is 3" and the i pipe is 3"? Sorry I am new when it comes to this.

Unfortauntely out stupid catbacks and Y pipes neck down to 2.75 inches for a few inches, to connect together. This with LT headers makes me feel stupid for having headers.

If I were going to do it again, bring a flowmaster merge and a 3" or even 3.5" pipe and connect it that way.

Quick Reply: header y pipe to lm1 problem