Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot Catted Y-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Hot Catted Y-Pipe

Can anybody offer a review of this y-pipe? I'm thinking of getting the Jet Hot headers and catted y-pipe for my 98 Trans Am. Right now I have the loudmouth exhaust and was hoping to keep it.... but I don't want to deal with excessive rasp/drone. Do the funky cats on this y-pipe help at all? Anyone notice a performance gain/loss with this y-pipe?

Any sound clips? (couldn't find any on LS1sounds.com)

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2004, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You will probably not pass the visual inspection of the emmissions test. They look like pepsi cans! But, never the less work good from what I hear!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

mine went in over the winter but once it goes back on the rollers we'll see how much they really stop or not, visual no you wont pass. i keep pictures of the cats in my console just in case
Old 03-03-2004, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

They make a top notch header so i bet the cats flow with the best of them
Old 03-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

I even carry around the invoice and print-out showing "50-state legal" for the SLP Loudmouth catback in my car b/c I know the cops are tough by me and would want to bust me for not having a muffler. So I would definately carry around the invoice and print-out for this y-pipe to show the inspection station, showing that there are cats...... and if they must..... they can drop the pipe to see......... so I'm not really worried about the visual, i guess. More interested in the performance & sound.