Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil galley plug knocked out

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Oil galley plug knocked out

had a clutch installed because of the spec slipping turns out it was covered in oil the installer said the oil galley plug in the crank had been knocked out.. to my knowledge when i reinstalled my trans last time it was still in and my clutch held strong for a good 2000 miles after the trans was reinstall then started slipping cause of getting oil on it from no galley plug.. anyone know how this plug might have been knocked out im puzzled by it ??
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

just realized i Posted in wrong section
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you swap out your pilot bearing, if so How did you do it, Alot of old school guys stuff all kinds of things in the end of the cranks, and then hit with a punch which forces the bearing out. What they dont realize is that these cranks have the plug in them.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RARON455
Did you swap out your pilot bearing, if so How did you do it, Alot of old school guys stuff all kinds of things in the end of the cranks, and then hit with a punch which forces the bearing out. What they dont realize is that these cranks have the plug in them.
didnt replace the clutch when i had my trans rebuilt so i didnt even mess with the pilot bearing i just removed the trans and reinstalled it so thats why i was confused about it cause my clutch had no oil on it when i reinstalled the trans so it had to have come out between when i reinstalled it and the point where my clutch started slipping