Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

egr delete or vette o2's problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default egr delete or vette o2's problem?

put headers on my 99 T/A. stock cam,intake,heads ect. just headers and full 2.5 inch exhaust over the axle. the headers have no egr plate but have the air pump hook ups. the pump is still hooked up and the egr is bolted on but i put a piece of thin sheet metal between the egr pipe and the egr unit.(if that makes since) i dont have a delete plug yet but im gonna put a freeze plug in it later today and remove the egr completley.

with that being said, the car idles at around 500 rpms without o2's hooked up but i need them so i bought bosch 13111 vette o2 sensors for the front o2s. after i changed the o2's the car started idleing anywhere between 300-2000 rpms. more in the 2000 range, but if i kick the gas pedal it idles back down to 1000. its very anoying and hard to drive with the stage 2 monster clutch. need HELPFUL advice thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i took a 1 3/8 freeze plug and put it the egr hole on the intake and fixed the idle problem. car runs great now