Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is header wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is header wrap?

I have a exhaust rattle where the passenger side header hooks in with the y-pipe and I tried the aluminum tape, but it didn't help. I've read about header wrap, but there is no description of what exactly it is. Can someone elaborate? Thank you!
Old 03-06-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

its like a closth bandage thats used to keep in heat of headders if their not thermally coated so the exaust veloscity keeps up it... it looks like a wicker knee bandage and they sell it in a roll ive used it to stop exaust bang in 3 places on my car and it works great just cut a piece of it off the roll wrap it arround the area where its banging and worm clamp it down it will deaden the meatal\meatal sound and the problem is slovd
Old 03-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
its like a closth bandage thats used to keep in heat of headders if their not thermally coated so the exaust veloscity keeps up it... it looks like a wicker knee bandage and they sell it in a roll ive used it to stop exaust bang in 3 places on my car and it works great just cut a piece of it off the roll wrap it arround the area where its banging and worm clamp it down it will deaden the meatal\meatal sound and the problem is slovd
I see you aren't far away from Orlando area. Hows the biker traffic, hehe? I-4 is a mess over here. Anyways, Where can I get the header wrap from? I really need to get that metal clacking sound out of there soon.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:49 PM
TECH Junkie

any peformance shop should have it pay like 30 bux for a big *** roll of it and then just get some worm clamps form the hardware store its an east fix and if ya do it right it will hold up for long long time
Old 03-06-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it what they used before ceramic coating was avail.