Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil filter adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil filter adapter?

Does anyone happen to have the part number for the threaded oil filter adapter for an Fbody oil pan? I'm talking about the part that screws into the pan and then the oil filter screws onto. I just noticed that the pan I purchased doesn't have one... Thanks.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

If you can't find one I've got the newer model that runs the Hummer filters. It came with my GMPP pan but I switched out my f-body one so I never used it. Apparently this is the new filter adapter for new oil pan purchases.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you switch to the older adapter? I'm guessing there is a disadvantage using the Hummer adapter? More expensive filters, smaller filter, longer filter that affects ground clearance? Anything like that I need to know about?

Thanks for responding, BTW.

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
If you can't find one I've got the newer model that runs the Hummer filters. It came with my GMPP pan but I switched out my f-body one so I never used it. Apparently this is the new filter adapter for new oil pan purchases.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm not sure why GM would make it so with Fbody oil pans no longer take fbody filters. Its fine as long as you know whats going on but to a new owner of a used car it could be real aggravating. I figured for simplicity stake I would stick with fbody filters. There are quite a few here that run the hummer filters, there is no disadvantage that I know of.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:54 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Jabjr26 (08-08-2021)
Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The Muscle Car pan uses the new adapter... Nice to know that BEFORE your first oil fill (ask me how I know this). Good thing I have more than one car!

I like to keep stuff like filters in stock and keeping multiple filters for cars with "the same engine" is a pain so at my next oil change I'm switching back to the "old" style filter because I'll finally be out of stock on the new ones.

Austin, If you're in KC, I can give you one of my spare adapters.

Quick Reply: Oil filter adapter?