Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the coolant recirculate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004 | 08:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Does the coolant recirculate?

I was wondering if the coolant that goes in to the tray right below the battery. Does it get sucked back in or is it just an over flow tank?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm going to relocate the battery to the back and wanted to get rid of the over flow tank and put in a catch can to clean up the engine bay? If at all possible????

Joe

Last edited by Smoke T/A; 03-08-2004 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-08-2004 | 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smoke T/A
I was wondering if the coolant that goes in to the tray right below the battery. Does it get sucked back in or is it just an over flow tank?

Joe
When the coolant in the system cools off, it contracts, and as long as the system is sealed what is in the overflow tank will get sucked back in.
Old 03-08-2004 | 08:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NHRATA01
When the coolant in the system cools off, it contracts, and as long as the system is sealed what is in the overflow tank will get sucked back in.
Cool I didn't know if the tube that runs in to it goes all the way to the bottom. Do you think a 1 qt recirculating can will be enough for me?