Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch can routing check

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catch can routing check

I have oil in my intake and some oil in my throttle body. I knows its pretty normal, but I still don't like it. I never notice my oil level dropping between oil changes, but I want to install a catch can for peace of mind. I have searched and read and searched and read more. I decided that I like the dual can so I can have something between the passenger valve cover and the throttle body in addition to the one between the PCV and intake snout. I may be wrong about needing the dual, but I have done quite a bit of research and feel the best about this setup. I have a pic I drew with paint so somebody could tell me if I am on the right track or not. My car is a 98. I was thinking I wanted to do the dual before I really started researching and in this threadhttps://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...outing-ok.html
the guy with username 405hp z06 is running a dual. Post #10/#12 sealed the deal.

Shitty paint pic- sorry no pic host will let me increase the size
Old 09-29-2011, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im running the dual setup ran the way you seen in the other thread. I have a ls2style vallger so my routing was a lil diff then yours. I have not seen a difference in oil consumption &I still get\have oil in my intake
Old 09-29-2011, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpinsB
Im running the dual setup ran the way you seen in the other thread. I have a ls2style vallger so my routing was a lil diff then yours. I have not seen a difference in oil consumption &I still get\have oil in my intake
I wonder if its because you got heads and cam. Maybe it makes it worse??

What brand are your catch cans?

I have seen people run with the the passenger side rear valve cover port connected to the drivers side and i've seen it be plugged up. I just wanna make sure I am not gonna screw anything up.
Lotta good info in the thread I provided a link to. However, it is taking me a while to take it all in.

Last edited by LS1WS6dreamer; 09-29-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

I was getting oil in my intake and a dirty tb and what i did was put a fuel filter inbetween the manifold line that goes to the Tb and mickey mouse clean Tb and bugger all in the intake.$5 fix
Old 09-30-2011, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I read through 20 pgs about catch cans. Very good info in the thread. I am for sure gonna go with dual catch cans and just run it the way i got it in the pic. Its as close to factory as possible and I already replaced all the hoses and stuff that were broke when I got the car. Everything should be good to go.

Quick Reply: Catch can routing check