Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Kooks users

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question for Kooks users

I had my Kooks headers and Kooks y-pipe installed at beginning of summer.When i start it up i can hear a vibration coming from the front.I narrowed it down to the passenger side where the tab is welded onto the y-pipe.Stupid question but there should be a hanger off factory bracket with rubber to the y-pipe correct?I had these installed so im not sure what was there before.If i'm right where do you get the bracket from to go from the car to the y-pipe? One more question,i bought a used corsa exhaust off here and of course i never got all the hangers either.I'm missing the ones that go from the tail pipe just before the tips to the body.I don't see where the brackets would mount on the car in the back though? I phoned corsa and they said they would sell me an installation kit for $345.00,just alittle steep hey?Any thoughts? Thanks!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the Kook's, I just installed mine 4 days ago and the headers didn't come with any hardware to connect the y-pipe to the hangar spot on the car where the old exhaust went. My y and headers seem pretty solid with little to no movement but I think I am gonna take it to an exhaust shop and get everything once overed and a bracket made to connect the y to the car. For the vibration is it possible to be hitting on the tab that is part of the transmission? My Y is about 1/8" from hitting that also.