Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads...

What would be a good head to compliment a cam like the Torquer V2 from TSP, or a custom EPS cam around the same specs? I was thinking maybe just 243's ported. Don't need anything radical. Car is a weekend/nice day driver, so I want to maintain complete street-ability with a set up. Current mods are in sig and I would be getting a Yank SS3600 also. Oh, and how do you figure out the correct pushrod length to get...? Never messed with internals on a car, just bolt ons...

Suggestions?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Cool

Originally Posted by egott_91
What would be a good head to compliment a cam like the Torquer V2 from TSP, or a custom EPS cam around the same specs? I was thinking maybe just 243's ported. Don't need anything radical. Car is a weekend/nice day driver, so I want to maintain complete street-ability with a set up. Current mods are in sig and I would be getting a Yank SS3600 also. Oh, and how do you figure out the correct pushrod length to get...? Never messed with internals on a car, just bolt ons...

Suggestions?
I was in the same boat your in a few months ago. A couple of the questions that will be asked is what's your budget and and your goal, but I would do the 243s ported I'm about to send my 243s out to TSP for their cnc work. My car is a daily driver as well. If you call TSP and talk to Aaron he will help you with any set up that you need. Also he will answer ever question you have. That's my $.02
Old 10-02-2011, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Budget for heads would be $1000-$1500 probably. That would make the H/C/Stall package end up being around $2000-$2500. Don't really want to go too much over that. The cars not a daily, but I want it to be reliable since my GF lives an hour away, so I sometimes take my car up there when the weather is nice.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

Cool

Originally Posted by egott_91
Budget for heads would be $1000-$1500 probably. That would make the H/C/Stall package end up being around $2000-$2500. Don't really want to go too much over that. The cars not a daily, but I want it to be reliable since my GF lives an hour away, so I sometimes take my car up there when the weather is nice.
TSP stage 2.5 ls6 heads(243) are around 1500$ if you already have the 243s then you would come out a lil cheaper getting them p&p which is what I'm doing. If you have a slow build and money is a lil tight then save your money up until your ready to start the your setup, or buy a pair of 243s off here or ebay and have them p&p later. I got a pair off ebay for 300$, and you can buy a stall for around 450ish to maybe 600 depending whose selling.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dkcoleman01
TSP stage 2.5 ls6 heads(243) are around 1500$ if you already have the 243s then you would come out a lil cheaper getting them p&p which is what I'm doing. If you have a slow build and money is a lil tight then save your money up until your ready to start the your setup, or buy a pair of 243s off here or ebay and have them p&p later. I got a pair off ebay for 300$, and you can buy a stall for around 450ish to maybe 600 depending whose selling.
I don't like buying used internal and performance parts just because idk how they were taken care of and what not. With that said, everything will be brand new. I was browsing TSP's site last night and it made me think about going slightly larger than the Torquer V2 specs. I liked the looks of this one: Texas Speed 233/239 .595"/.603" Camshaft, but not sure if that'd really net me anymore than the V2 would. Maybe someone from TSP could chime in. I wonder what Pat G would spec for my set up...