Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY LS6 coolant crossover?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DIY LS6 coolant crossover?

In the process of installing a fast 92. My car is a 99 so I have the LS1 coolant crossover pipes under the stock intake. Obviously I need to delete them but I was wondering if anybody has ever had some sort of DIY set up... I dont want to just plug the rear lines and spending $100 plus to buy 2 LS6 crossovers seems a little rediculous to me. If I'm not mistaken, these are actually steam lines correct? Which means that they mainly function as breathers to keep hot spots from forming in the heads? This means they will most likely not have any sort of pressurised flow... welllllllll I was thinking of just cutting the pipe on the rear of each head with about and inch or so left and connecting them with 3/4" fuel line with a T, then running another line off of that T to the front and connecting them in a similar way then back to the radiator. Thoughts? I'll probably do this tomorrow and snap a few pics.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever complete this? I'm in the process of doing this now.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think those are steam lines. pretty sure actual coolant goes through those.

Quick Reply: DIY LS6 coolant crossover?