Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers/sensors

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Headers/sensors

Kind of dealing with two sections, so I'll just post here. Wanting to do Texas Speed 1-7/8" Stainless Long Tube Headers with an off road x pipe ran to most likely 2 Flowmaster series 10s, either dumped or ran all way out back. I will also be deleting the EGR/AIR at the same time due to headers not having the emissions option and also switching to the ls6 intake. My car has thrown the codes P0137 and P0157, which are the rear O2 sensors, correct? I have cleared them when they have showed up so I wouldn't have the SES light. I've read the front 2, 1 on each side, are the ones that will affect the car the most if they aren't working properly. My main questions are, should I replace those sensors? how many extensions do I need when switching to long tubes? Will I be okay just running w/ bad rear sensors? Should I tune those out after installing the headers and intake? I'm wanting to make sure I know everything I need and have to do before I actually start buying/modding my car. Thanks
Old 12-17-2011, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have 3 options.

-Buy Extensions
-Buy new Corvette o2's (They're longer than ours and will reach)
-Or follow this thread to make your rear o2's act as your front.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...vette-o2s.html

My car has 105k miles on the factory o2's, so with this header install coming up, I am just going to buy the Corvette o2's and be done with it.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I went with option #3 as stated above. My plug-ins are now right next to my collectors (Also TSP Stainless headers)

Guys have great luck either way. Some opt for Bosch 13111's and run with them, some use extensions, and few of us re-pin the PCM harness.

With either option, forget about rear O2's. Get them tuned out.
If you go the extension route, you'll need 2.
If you replace your o2's you'll need 2, either factory ones to run with extensions, or 2 Bosch 13111 Vette o2's.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you can slice your wire to reach instead which is the easiest option. I hear you only need 1 O2 extension as well for the front, but I am not for sure.