Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My eBay Headers Experience (with Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks dope! good thread should help alot people trying to decided on ebay headers
Old 01-01-2012, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should have cut off the air and egr fittings while the headers were off the car and welded them over. I had my ebay headers on my car for like 4 years then one of the air fittings broke off and I had to pull the header to fix it.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Could you guys post exactly which ebay headers you are using? There a bunch of them that look about the same but I want to be sure I get whatever works.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine came from Pal-Performance, they're still on and still look great btw! No problems yet!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any chance you could post up some videos so I could hear it? Is there any rasp? Do they offer any without egr ?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
Any chance you could post up some videos so I could hear it? Is there any rasp? Do they offer any without egr ?
I looked all over for that too but they all come with egr and air tubes. I talked to a welding shop that can tig weld stainless and they will take them off and fill the holes for $15.00. I would rather do that then take the chance of having them break off once they are on the car. That air tube is way too long not to be better supported IMO.

I ordered mine yesterday at $159 shipped. There is a bunch of vendors that have them and they all look exactly the same so I just went with the cheapest price. I'm going to use a TSP non catted stainless Y pipe and hope for the best with the rap issue. It wouldn't be hard to add a resonator later on if it's annoying.

I really appreciate you guys doing these write ups. You saved me a ton of $$!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charchri4
I looked all over for that too but they all come with egr and air tubes. I talked to a welding shop that can tig weld stainless and they will take them off and fill the holes for $15.00. I would rather do that then take the chance of having them break off once they are on the car. That air tube is way too long not to be better supported IMO.

I ordered mine yesterday at $159 shipped. There is a bunch of vendors that have them and they all look exactly the same so I just went with the cheapest price. I'm going to use a TSP non catted stainless Y pipe and hope for the best with the rap issue. It wouldn't be hard to add a resonator later on if it's annoying.

I really appreciate you guys doing these write ups. You saved me a ton of $$!
Anytime man, so far the E.G.R and AIR tubes haven't blown off yet, hoping to keep it going like that lol
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
When I made this thread I had the SLP Dual Dual on so there was no rasp, but I put a TSP Rumbler cat back on this week and there's a tiny bit of rasp around 2100-2200 rpm's, nothing bad though.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:08 AM

do i HAVE to do the motor mounts to get proper fitment ?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by solsir4
do i HAVE to do the motor mounts to get proper fitment ?

No, but it's recommended that you change them.

The rubber gets mushy and breaks down and the headers will likely bang against the floor board. After they go bad, if you have headers in, you'll have to pull the headers off if you need to change the mounts. Preventative maintenance man.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AmarilloWS6
Yeah, I was in our building behind our house on jack stands, I started alone for part of the time then I got some help from my dad, with really sped up the process. I love the sound of the exhaust and I've noticed a good amount of power from them!
Damn man 19hrs is a long time.. lol I Think it took me about 6 hrs to complete my header swap but I didn't change out any motor mounts..
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 AM
10 Second Club

Honestly I would like to see a side by side dyno comparison with these and a set of Hooker or ARH just to see if the Hooker or ARH are worth the money that is spent on them. I went from Hooker header 1 3/4 header on my stock bottom end motor to 1 7/8 ARH on my built 403ci LS2.. Would be nice to know I could have saved myself a few hundred dollars and just boaught the e-bay headers..
Old 04-12-2012, 01:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by odarabla
Honestly I would like to see a side by side dyno comparison with these and a set of Hooker or ARH just to see if the Hooker or ARH are worth the money that is spent on them. I went from Hooker header 1 3/4 header on my stock bottom end motor to 1 7/8 ARH on my built 403ci LS2.. Would be nice to know I could have saved myself a few hundred dollars and just boaught the e-bay headers..
I can't tell you if there is a power difference but I'm almost certain the eBay headers are exact copy's of maybe the Pacesetters or another big brand, can't quite remember though. I made 340 rwhp and 350 ft lbs torque with these headers with my all rest of my bolt ons in my sig so I'm happy with them lol

*btw I'm still not saying these headers are better than Kooks or any other reputable brand as I've never tried any other headers but these so I can't say, just giving some more insite of a great budget header for fellow budgeted college kids like myself.*
Old 04-12-2012, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by justin hover
Well your next mod is pretty simple..ls6 intake
My buddy gave me his ls6 manifold off his 04 GTO when he bought a new one a couple months back
Old 05-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My roomate is looking at these headers...I guess I am going to have to convince him to do motor mounts while we are in there... Luckily we have a lift to work on!
Old 05-25-2012, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I am running these headers too. I had the AIR and EGR delete plates on mine and after about a year of running them, the AIR tube broke off. I just pulled the headers back off, welded the hole up, cut the egr tubes off, welded them up and reinstalled them. I would recommend to anyone who is planning on running these to go ahead and delete all that crap before you put them on.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:16 AM
Launching!

well i been looking into getting some lt headers and the tsp true dual with sweet thunder mufflers dumped before the axle. i can get the x pipe set up for 425 and was thinking about getting some lt from ebay so less than 700 i could have a good sounding exhaust system. reconmendations on this? good idea?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Default Re Header Install

Hey Guys I Am New To This. My 2001 Trans Am M6 Ebay Headers Went In Pretty Well, I Am In Question About The O2 Sensors Though. Are You Guys Taking The Front O2's And Installing Them In The Pre Drilled Collector Of The Header, And Leaving The Rear O2 Plugs Just Tucked Up Under The Car? Or Is There A Some Mod To The Header For The Front O2's?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Default Re Header Install

One More Thing, What Is This About A Bosch O2 Verus The O2 Extender
Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

bosch 13111 O2's are factory rear c5 02's and can be used for the front, they have a longer wire on them, no need for extensions.....or keep your O2's you have and get the extension...another one is re-pinning the computer...wire the rear O2 plug in to where the front goes, then you can pull the front 02 wires..(or abandon them) and plug the fronts into where the rears would. and put plugs where the rear o2's go in the exhaust.. i went with the longer bosch's..

Quick Reply: My eBay Headers Experience (with Pics)