Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will LY6 stuff work on LQ4???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Will LY6 stuff work on LQ4???

I have a LQ4 from a 2003 2500 Sierra. I got this motor without any accessories.

My friend and fellow LSx engine enthusiast called me the other day and told me he has ALL of the accessories and bracketry from the later 6.0L the LY6. He also has the wiring harness for this LY6.

My question is this, will the brackets/accessories AND/OR the wiring harness from his LY6 work with my older LQ4????

One other question IF these can be used with an LQ4, he wants $150 for all the accessories and brackets, and only $50 for the wiring harness. How are these prices???? I'm still very new to the LSx game so I hope someone can help me out with determining how good these prices are.

Thank-ya!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I am putting this LS engine into my OBS (1990) Chevy 1/2 ton. I know the accessories from the truck motors are usually too high for the Fbodys and cars, but since I'm putting this engine into a truck I think it ought to work, no??

Also, will the LY6 oil pan fit my LQ4??? Mine is busted!

Sorry for all the questions but you gotta learn somehow!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also kind new to this but from what i understand , the accessories , brackets and oil pan will work fine , Btw that is a good price on the stuff . however the wiring harness is different and will not work . there is a change over kit for about $350.00 . it would probly be cheaper and easier to find a Lq4 harness .
Old 12-30-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the information man!