Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little ss history

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

There used to be a bad *** tuning shop in the Memphis area called Premier Autosports but from what I understand, they merged with another tuning shop and changed names. You should try to find out what the new name is and call and talk to josh.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SLeePer#746
Yeah fitment on the lid is less than ideal, prob start looking for another one. MAF has already been descreened but still has "center section" which ive read can be eliminated. May go ahead & send TB off as core for one that been done correctly (seems ive seen on this board somewhere PP + color choice for $100 plus core?) Also can anyone recommend a trusted tuner close to me? (NW TN)
If you look up shaner tb's they do amazing work, or type in Damian as a user name here because he also does them just stay away from jantzer what ever you do. also what do you mean by the center of the maf? If you go look at the maf you will see the actual sensor in the middle of it, it looks like two small hairlike wires, never touch those. the ends are made from aluminum and can be ported however it's not a good idea either messing around there can throw off airflow and cause shifting and driveability issues. tuners will tell you its a PITA to tune and I have seen with my own eyes just how bad a portob can mess up auto shift points at WOT.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
There used to be a bad *** tuning shop in the Memphis area called Premier Autosports but from what I understand, they merged with another tuning shop and changed names. You should try to find out what the new name is and call and talk to josh.
I'm not too far from Memphis. Ill def try to look him up. How much can expect to pay for a tune? Not sure I need a full dyno tune for until heads/cam....u think? Maybe a mail order would be sufficient until then?

Originally Posted by redbird555
If you look up shaner tb's they do amazing work, or type in Damian as a user name here because he also does them just stay away from jantzer what ever you do. also what do you mean by the center of the maf? If you go look at the maf you will see the actual sensor in the middle of it, it looks like two small hairlike wires, never touch those. the ends are made from aluminum and can be ported however it's not a good idea either messing around there can throw off airflow and cause shifting and driveability issues. tuners will tell you its a PITA to tune and I have seen with my own eyes just how bad a portob can mess up auto shift points at WOT.
Thought on MAF ends there where fins or foil that could be cut out Max flow, maybe I'm tripping, only had the thing off once to check for screen (which is gone) TB also has been ported on but not sure how "professional " it was done so probably go ahead & send off or buy another. Checking out shaner as we speak. Thanks
Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SLeePer#746
Thought on MAF ends there where fins or foil that could be cut out Max flow, maybe I'm tripping, only had the thing off once to check for screen (which is gone) TB also has been ported on but not sure how "professional " it was done so probably go ahead & send off or buy another. Checking out shaner as we speak. Thanks
Nope if you take off your maf and look inside it should look like this
http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/ca...gh-flow-1.aspx if theres no screen in it like this one leave it alone all those ins and little hair wires in there are necessary
Old 02-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Nope if you take off your maf and look inside it should look like this
http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/ca...gh-flow-1.aspx if theres no screen in it like this one leave it alone all those ins and little hair wires in there are necessary
Yeah screen is gone, but that center piece (not thin wires) that looks like it splits the air, could be shaved or cut out. Not necessarily going to touch it but seems like that was one of the "free mods" I've read about