Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Mounting Panel

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Mounting Panel

So I take a look yesterday and my car and sort of overlooked it before I bought it. I noticed last night that the mounting panel is broken. It won't hold one of the clips in to hold down the lid and then also on the sides it looks like someone took a dremel and cut out holes for whatever reason.
http://www.newgmparts.com/schematics/C/CD93205.gif
Part # 1 & 6 I believe I will need.
My question is I do have a SLP lid..is the mounting panel different as well as the housing inside?
http://www.newgmparts.com/parts/2002...gramCallOut=11

I also took a picture of my actual mounting panel and lid for some more verification.
Attached Thumbnails SLP Mounting Panel-5046587458290_orig.jpeg  
Old 02-25-2012, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

not sure what youre asking bro. some pictures of the actual parts that you think you need would be helpful. the bottom of the housing is routinely cut out to get more air flow. search free ram air mod. if the pocket for the tabs are broken id say yeah you need a new one. as for part number one it really doesnt do much. if its there id say dont worry about it
Old 02-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Well I mean I'm holding down my air lid with one clip and for apperance purposes it just annoys me
Old 02-27-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So the clips on your radiator support are broken/missing... I can sell you mine if you like. Does $50 shipped seem fair? I don't know what they go for used... and I don't know if I have the filter tray, however. I'll have to double-check. PM me if you're interested. It's completely unmolested.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Launching!

gi8e7oi825 if you would like to send me pictures of it I wouldn't mind. I normally get GM factory parts below cost and I most likely could get a brand new one for 30 dollars shipped so that's probably too low for you anyways.

awm556 I don't really see a power loss from mine. If you think about it I don't think GM would have designed the SS in mind wanting it to lose power only gain from changing the intake lid.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Launching!

The MAF is really easy to damage it has to be handled very carefully.