Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switch from K&N FIPK to a Lid Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

worth the hassle? probably not.

Midnight - I'm going to be at the new Atlanta Motorsports Park for a HPDE in June, and Barber Motorsports Park (B'ham) on Oct 6th. Any interest in meeting up for a HPDE?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The kn is like almost 400 bucks so yeah someone would want to trade you a 70 dollar lid lol, not worth it imo. Now if the trade cam with a chris1313 it would be worth it, thats the only air intake mod that you will see track gains on,
Old 03-29-2012, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 ss vert
worth the hassle? probably not.

Midnight - I'm going to be at the new Atlanta Motorsports Park for a HPDE in June, and Barber Motorsports Park (B'ham) on Oct 6th. Any interest in meeting up for a HPDE?
Thanks for the thoughts!

Awesome. AMS in June -- going with Chin Motorsports or a different club? I was excited about getting out to run AMS (once it's finally finished), however my car is currently in the shop for a rebuild (damn #7).

I'd love it if I can get everything wrapped up with the rebuild and get registered for the AMS day before it fills up. Let's keep in touch over the next couple months -- if you're out there I'd be happy to meet up. Always nice seeing another 4th Gen out there on the track!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight02
Thanks for the thoughts!

Awesome. AMS in June -- going with Chin Motorsports or a different club? I was excited about getting out to run AMS (once it's finally finished), however my car is currently in the shop for a rebuild (damn #7).

I'd love it if I can get everything wrapped up with the rebuild and get registered for the AMS day before it fills up. Let's keep in touch over the next couple months -- if you're out there I'd be happy to meet up. Always nice seeing another 4th Gen out there on the track!
Ditto. It would be nice to have another 4th gen out together.

NOTE: AMS & Atlanta Motorsports Park are two DIFFERENT venues.

FYI, I plan on Atlanta Motorsports Park on June 16th through Tracksunlimited.net. I have run with them before at Nashville Superspeedway (closed just this year) and was impressed with them.

October 6th is also through Tracksunlimited.net. I've been to Barber before, but never drove it. It's a beautiful facility! Indy race there this weekend, actually. They don't do many car track days (more motorcycles) so I want to jump on this! Plus my good friend lives just 1.5 miles away so lodging isn't an issue.

Dates: http://tracksunlimited.net/

What area of Atlanta are you in? Going to G16? (I'm considering it). I'll be in ATL for business in May. Wouldn't mind meeting up depending where you are located. FYI, I go to Helen, GA each year for Oktoberfest. I typically bring the camaro too - nice weather then!

Last edited by 01 ss vert; 03-29-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to switch to a lid setup from my FIPK. Will the bolts that come with the FIPK for the radiator support fit on the stock radiator support?
Old 07-23-2013, 11:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imo, if for no other reason, that k&n fipk thing is the ugliest under hood thing ive ever seen. lid looks clean and flows.

Quick Reply: Switch from K&N FIPK to a Lid Setup?