Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

map sensor quest????

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default map sensor quest????

where exactly is the map sensor located?? is it on the back of the intake by the vacuum lines or is it the tall one on the back of the block?? i am not sure that the plug by the vacuum lines is in all the way but i damn near broke it making sure it was in all the way...

could that have made a clinking sound in my car and make it idle way way off and what codes would it throw, i got a code 122....

thanks
Old 03-24-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes the map sensor is on the back of the intake. the tall sensor you are talking about is the oil pressure sender(very easy to break). the map sensor is about half and inch tall and about an inch wide. it sits on top of the piece of the intake that sticks out of the back. dont know about a clinking sound, but it can make the idle off a little, does it want to die if you are coming to a stop?
Old 03-24-2004, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

havent really drove it, and no my car has the abs and brake light on all the time and stays at 1500 rpms till i come to a COMPLETE stop!! i checked the plug on top of the rear end and it was good, any others, maybe by the headers, i tried to check and still nothing...

thanks