Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harmonic balancer issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 04:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default harmonic balancer issues

looks as if when i put the motor together (i did the rollmaster double roller) i machined down the OD and some of the end when i tapered it to fit with the oil pump.... i only drive the car a few hundred miles a year and i have this problem with belts sqeeking. anyways replaced all the pulleys but the water pump ( they wont return my emails) and i got a flat edge and noticed my harmonic balancer is about one groove off (inward) from the rest of my pulleys when i sit the straight edge aginst it.

A. is there a good way to check the allignment of all the pulleys to each other??

B. can i somehow space out the harmonic balancer safely?

So next i want to get a new pulley for my evans water pump. it has cut into the pulley on both sides and not worn so much in the middle...might try to just make it flat again , but not sure how much material is left to play with...
Attached Thumbnails harmonic balancer issues-pict1752.jpg   harmonic balancer issues-pict1754.jpg   harmonic balancer issues-pict1755.jpg