Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hope TSP sees this

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw that..Im lowered, with bullets dumped and cammed..F*CKIN AMAZING!!! The look of peoples faces when you pass by, or start up.. I am wondering how loud it will get if i go bigger cam..

By the way, i have no issues with clearance or anything..
Old 03-30-2012, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

if you think dumped true duals are to loud go back to a stock exhaust just my opinion, 3in true duals over the axle aint easy or cheap 2.5 duals over the axle can be done easy and there is a shop around here that will do it for around 300 with bullet mufflers and stainless tips
Old 03-30-2012, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
As already stated, Kooks makes a nice kit, and Bassani has one as well. For TSP to do this, they'd have to completely re-engineer everything, because as it sits, they'd have to do one pipe over each axle due to their current routing. That would have to be done very carefully since there are fuel and brake lines that run very close to that area on the driver's side, not to mention the potential clearance issues with the upper panhard brace and panhard rod. Toss in the variances that exist from car to car, and they could have a potential nightmare.

If they ran both pipes over the passenger side, it would require an upper panhard brace relocation kit ($$), and they would have to totally reconfigure their x-pipe (or at least have some weird bends) to get the pipes pointing in that direction. That's a lot of R&D for a market that is extremely limited. The average f-body owner doesn't want to spend a whole lot of money for something like this, and you've already lumped yourself in that category by saying you aren't willing to pay the Kooks price, which isn't bad considering what you get.

This isn't a simple task...if it was, they'd have already done it. They stand to make 0 profit doing something like this, so why should they?

This guy gets it. Very well said!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't Magnaflow offer one back in the day?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Het guys I have a few questionsi was woundering 1st can i
do true duals OTA with tsp long tubes and the bassani like are they compatible and 2nd what about the panhard bar relocate or just leave alone any help would be awsome want to do this ASAP PS I have tryed searching and stuff and come up withplrase help me out nothing
Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I started a thread similiar to this. check it out
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...their-tds.html
Old 07-10-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Again dumb idea, TSP doesnt market their exhaust to daily drivers or even street cars, the duals were designed to give the most power for the least amount of money. Bassani and Kooks cater to the other demands, which are a stock manifold dual setup, and a full over the axle setup. They have the fbody weekend warrior market cornered, $1000 for a 1 7/8s race header and dual setup isnt anywhere on the market.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

It's not a dumb idea but a difficult idea. There is always money to be made if they have requests for them. TSP does a great job for the budget minded people IMO. They could definately sell a ton of these setups for less than 2000 dollars.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not complaining about the tsp tds. I love how loud it is and how it sounds. I bought it for the most power and loudest best sound I could get. Prolly the same reason most people buy it. If you don't like loud then don't buy this system. I can't imagine how it will sound with a cam since I still have stock heads and cam haha
Old 07-10-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

^^it's loud but I love it I just like options on everything. Mine is only a weekend fun car and occassionaly to work so doesn't bother me that much.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ same here. I have a civic for my dd and work car haha. The camaro serves its purpose on the weekends and the civic during the week getting about 43mpg lol
Old 07-12-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

too loud.......its true dual....the less restriction between the headers and the exit pipe/tip the louder.......

R&D costs money....and how many people are willing to go that route.....supply and demand come into play. most people would prob not really care, and if they did theyd spend the *** load on kooks.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _max_POWER
If you dont want to drop the cash on kooks then why complain? Gotta pay to play. Buy some bends and fab one up yourself if you are that worried about it.
Also i think for every 1 person that complains about the loudness of the dumped duals, there are 3-5 people who love it.

Well, then maybe TSP should stop making headers too, Kooks got it covered....right?