Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla XR-1 in the I-pipe...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Borla XR-1 in the I-pipe...

Hi all,

I have an '01 with an ORY and a Magnaflow cat-back. Stock manifolds for now. I also bought a 3" in/out 5" Round Borla XR-1. I took the car and the XR-1 to a local shop where the car was put on a lift and inspected for clearance. The shop guy and I agreed... it was very tight. Plus the lip of the XR-1 didn't appear too forgiving to incidental road/debris contact.
I know people have been installing these successfully. Can anyone provide any installation specifics/advice/pics?

Thanks for any information.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

Don't waste your time with it. What you need is the XR1 oval muffler with a 3" inlet and outlet.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

3" in/out
5" OD
Borla P/N 40085. A search on the P/N yields a ton of threads. This is the muffler I have. The question is about exactly where to install it. I'm assuming the I-pipe needs to be dropped a bit to allow the necessary clearance between the 5" round muffler case and the tunnel/drive shaft. Any advice from those experienced with this install appreciated.