Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next Bolt-On?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

UD pulley isn't hard to install at all but your not gonna feel a difference. A ported TB will give you a little more throttle response and maybe 7rwhp or so and the UD pulley would probably give you 7 or so to. If you do ever decide to go LTs or catless I'd most definately get rid of that LMI and put a Borla or magnaflow in its place. I would also go ahead and do 4.10s instead of 3.90s. 4.10s should have came in these cars stock. Its not gonna last with radials but if your gonna throw money at the 10 bolt definately go 4.10.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
UD pulley isn't hard to install at all but your not gonna feel a difference. A ported TB will give you a little more throttle response and maybe 7rwhp or so and the UD pulley would probably give you 7 or so to. If you do ever decide to go LTs or catless I'd most definately get rid of that LMI and put a Borla or magnaflow in its place. I would also go ahead and do 4.10s instead of 3.90s. 4.10s should have came in these cars stock. Its not gonna last with radials but if your gonna throw money at the 10 bolt definately go 4.10.
I'm just gonna do the ls6 intake for now. I'm just going to slowly get it ready for 5.3l heads and an ms3 cam. This car is my DD for now until I get a new DD. My state does emissions and it Definately won't pass. I guess they are repaving our track so maybe my street tires will do for the time being.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I you can't pass emissions in your state with LT's I don't know how you expect to pass with a cam. But regardless, I would do an LS6 intake. Not only will it help you down the line when you're really trying to make some power with the car, but you will probably see some gains with the few mods you have right now.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
I you can't pass emissions in your state with LT's I don't know how you expect to pass with a cam. But regardless, I would do an LS6 intake. Not only will it help you down the line when you're really trying to make some power with the car, but you will probably see some gains with the few mods you have right now.
No no i'll do the cam after I have a new DD. After that, it's go big or go home