Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPM dependent vibration, Crank Pully?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I thought I would update that I fixed my problem. It was my clutch. I had a monster 3.5 and it had not been right since I put it in. I ended up replacing it with a stage 2 and finished it up tonight. It's butter smooth from idle all the way up. It's like driving a different car.

I don't know if the assembly wasn't balanced correctly or what but my vibrations are gone.
Thanks, for the update. I sent my flywheel/PP back to the manufacturer to be check for balance early on and it was balanced. I have this nagging feeling I didn't line up the spare hole in the flywheel with the partially filled hole on the crank. Would that be enough to create this vibration?

I plan on getting it tuned in a month or two. Fixing all of the vacuum leaks and tightening the header bolts decreased the intensity of the vibration so it may be a lean spot/timing issue in the mail order tune on the PCM that doesn't work with my motor.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

The original post said wrecked gto where was it hit? If in front and did the balancer whop very possible it could of bent the crank snout just a thought.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Launching!

It was T-boned. The vibration damper was fine and I replaced it with a new unit. Thanks, for the suggestion.

I did read on the corvette forum that some LS flywheels have weights added to them and some don't. If yours does not then it is 0 balanced and can be replaced with any 0 balanced flywheel. If the original flywheel has weights on it then you will need to transfer the weights to the new flywheel or have a machinist match balance the new flywheel to the old one.

I hope tuning fixes my issue. Taking the flywheel off is not high on my list of things to do, again.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Swapped the clutch for a LS7 and all of my issues are gone.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what type of clutch were you using?

Im having the same damn issue with my ls1/m3 swap

Quick Reply: RPM dependent vibration, Crank Pully?