Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement clamshells?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement clamshells?

When putting the motor back in my car, I swapped to solid mounts from Spohn. Long story short, they don't want to play nice with my K member, so I'll be swapping to a UMI tubular and prothane mounts. But, I no longer have any of my factory hardware (bolts, clam shells, etc)... Does anyone know where I can get replacements, or have part numbers to order from GM or a dealer? I saw Spohn sells something resembling the factory mounts, but their price seems a bit high, and doesn't include bolts.

Thanks.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Are the UMI aluminum solids out of the question? Thats what i have with my UMI k-member.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:35 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Spohn has the lightweight "pedestals" and yes, they are a bit high. By the time you buy those along with the solid mounts themselves, you're over 200 in the hole.

I myself run the Spohn Solids and yes, fitment is a bitch. Mind if I ask what problems you're having?

I very well may have my stock bolts and what not at the house. I'll check for you, but I won't be home until Wednesday. Off hand, I don't know the size or thread, other than 18mm.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

The motor just doesn't want to center in the engine bay, so rather than keep messing with it, I'm swapping out the k member. The umi k and prothane mounts are already on order, and after the less than stellar service I got from Spohn trying to troubleshoot the alignment problems, I'd rather not buy anything else from them. I considered the umi solids, but I'm going to be cruising the car more than racing it now, and would prefer the reduced vibration. If I can't find replacement shells, I can always return or sell the prothane mounts and order the umi solids.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

I was able to just order replacement factory mounts that come with the shell for a good price. Now, does anyone happen to know the part number or size for the long 2 bolts and nuts that run through the pedestal and the mount?