Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Prices On Parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

Default Best Prices On Parts

This is probably not the correct forum, but I did not see one that was any nmore appropriate.

I have a bunch of parts I need to purchase, LS9 head gaskets, other gaskets, sensors, etc and found the best prices at GM Parts Direct but the shipping chagre is so outrageous, it negates any deals. Shipping was almost $40 for about $155 worth of parts that would fit in a box just a tad bigger than the head gaskets. Are there any other vendors with reasonable prices and shipping?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For this you will just have to shop around. There are a good many parts that can be picked up at a local place such as Advanced Auto Parts, Autozone or O'Reillys. There are a ton of great sponsors that you can see on the right hand side of the screen that will carry the vast majority of whatever you are looking for.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in the middle of a full engine re-assembly and replacing every seal and gasket, so I know what you're going through...

I found about half of what I need on WS6store. They have good prices, free shipping on orders over $100, and no sales tax because its in a different state than me.

Most of the other half I found on summitracing. Their prices are good and shipping is cheap, also no tax.

TSP probably has the best selection, basically every seal and part on the engine, however the shipping is extremely high and I have to pay sales tax.

Local auto parts stores will also have some of it, but in my experience their websites are more time consuming to search, and they dont always carry gaskets with GM part numbers.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RezinTexas
I'm in the middle of a full engine re-assembly and replacing every seal and gasket, so I know what you're going through...

I found about half of what I need on WS6store. They have good prices, free shipping on orders over $100, and no sales tax because its in a different state than me.
WS6store is a fantastic sponsor. I have gotten many things from there myself. Not always the cheapest if you are on a budget but always reliable.

Most of the other half I found on summitracing. Their prices are good and shipping is cheap, also no tax.
The only time I have ever found summit more advantageous was when ordering 304 stainless band clamps en mass. But that is a personal experience

TSP probably has the best selection, basically every seal and part on the engine, however the shipping is extremely high and I have to pay sales tax.
I agree that TSP is pure awesome. And in some cases I really disagree with the shipping costs but when I can have a 100# package to me in less than 2 days I forget all the negatives.

Do you want it reliable and fast or slow and cheap?

Local auto parts stores will also have some of it, but in my experience their websites are more time consuming to search, and they dont always carry gaskets with GM part numbers.
I would not depend on the websites to get me what I need. If I see that if appears on the site I go to the local branch and make them order it if it is not a stock item.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've found that GM Parts Direct can be cheaper, overall...but not always.
But the same vendor doesn't always carry all of the parts I want. Or, you go to Jegs (or any other vendor), and one of the parts pushes your total bill beyond what someone else would sell those parts for.
If you have the time, wait & watch for sales.
Sometimes, Ebay has the parts I'm looking for, and they're much more inexpensive than others.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Ws6 store!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

another ws6 store buyer here. they have everything you need for a good price. great customer service, fast shipping, cant beat it.