Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust installed!!!!

Did a hedder swap and exhaust swap today...

swapped from SLP LT's 1 3/4 to Hooker 1 3/4 super comp's

swapped exhaust from magnaflow catback to TSP true duals w/ bullets

the only thing i have to say is OMFG!!!!!!!

I am in Love with it. I have comparison idle clip and will post them tomorrow.

got rid of the EGR crap too. it needs a re tune which will be done in the next couple days. throttle response feels quicker and for some weird reason my 4 month old drag radials started spinning everytime i hit WOT. they didnt do that before. hopefully i unlocked another horsey or two.

When I say the SLP LT's are a pain in the butt... thats an understatement.

i refrenced this site several times for tip on removal

car on jack stands standard size from lowes set on the last notch with no blocks. about 18" of clearance

DS not to bad:
removed plugs and wires, oil filter and the cap with two bolts above the oil filter. snaked it down and lowered the rear of the hedder first. just when it seemed to get stuck i tilted the hedder towards the drivers door and out she came. piece of cake!

DS install same steps as removal but in reverse order.

PS removal PITA!!!! EGR connections on slp hedders sucks. could not reach the bolts on the inside of the hedder for the second AIR connection. finally i removed it from the top where it mounts to the engine and the intake. the WHOLE assembly came out

I removed the PITA EGR connections,plugs and wires,coil pack bracket(for more room without pointy nipples cutting your hands) and disconnected the starter. snake it down( wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle... YEAH) and it drops almost straight down with a rear tilt at the end.

PS install again same steps as removal in reverse order.

I have locking hedder bolts with C clip locks. once you get used to them they go pretty fast.

TSP duals were bought used so not as smooth as a new pair might be. Liquid Wrench Lubricating oil is you best friend here joints were smooth as a baby's bottom. Its also helps clamps slide if you have trouble there also.

bullet mounting.. drilled some holes in the rear seat floor pan and thought we had them high enough.. (thought WRONG ) gotta readjust tomorrow. no big deal.

used washers to help with mounting bolts(just to prevent a pull through if i scrape.)

also used some zip ties to ensure my O2 sensor wires would not even come close to my hedders. (had that happen before)

topped off the oil (from removing the oil filter)

wiped off excess lubrication and fired her up.

it was like instant hard on! (sorry if that offends you) ill post the vids and youll see.

Thanks to everyones posts who helped me through this
total install time: about 12 hrs ( lunch, dinner, smokes, forums, and good old Florida sunshine. (it was HOT) 96*