Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help.... Broke AC line?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help.... Broke AC line?

Removed my radiator and in the process moved the AC condensor around a little. Well once i pulled the radiator out I noticed a loud hissing sound, its coming from the gold connection in the pic below, but there is no evidence of the metal tube being cracked or bent. Tried to tighten that gold nut with no luck, the air is leaking from exactly where the arrow is pointing......what do I do now?

Old 08-14-2012, 01:37 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

tell the GM Parts counter which part is Leaking...
there may be a seal that can be replaced,
and if it doesnt have a seal, it is a complete part you can buy from them as a whole pipe/assembly

I had a similar issue on an upper AC pipe... was going to be $131 after a cost+10% discount from a buddy who works there...thats when I decided to ditch the AC on my car...LOL
Old 08-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

I had a crack in one of my ac lines and the ac shop told me about an old man who could braise it back together. Line was 160 bux so i gave the old man a shot.... 15 bux and 3 years later im still blowing cold as ice...
Old 08-14-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by soundengineer
tell the GM Parts counter which part is Leaking...
there may be a seal that can be replaced,
and if it doesnt have a seal, it is a complete part you can buy from them as a whole pipe/assembly

I had a similar issue on an upper AC pipe... was going to be $131 after a cost+10% discount from a buddy who works there...thats when I decided to ditch the AC on my car...LOL

Good call, Ill stop by there tommorow. Hopefully its not $130, but I cant live without AC in Virginia Beach!

Quick Reply: Please Help.... Broke AC line?