Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe the cause of running issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe the cause of running issues?

Ever since I put a cam and intake in my car 3 years ago the car just hasn't been the same. I kept having a lot of issues with the car dying while coming to a stop and issues with startup and idle, with and without A/C on.

Today I was working on the car, cleaning the maf and the air filter, while the filter was drying I was looking around in the engine bay and found this nut that is attached to a wire going into the PVC. Not sure what it is?

I tightned it down and it seamed to run ALOT better afterwards. Is that something that would cause that or would it just be the cleaning of the maf and air filter?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Maybe the cause of running issues?-not-tight.jpg   Maybe the cause of running issues?-tight.jpg  
Old 08-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 205 Likes on 172 Posts

No, that wouldn't help with anything. The purpose of that is to conduct heat to the PCV to keep the pintel from sticking upon cold starts. Cleaning a dirty MAF can make a big improvement in how a car runs.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks for the info.