Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP 1 3/4 Header issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 02:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP 1 3/4 Header issue

I recently did a motor swap on my '00 SS. While I was at it I threw on my TSP LT's. After buttoning everything up it seems that the steering knuckle is hitting the primary and causes the steering wheel to lock. They are also hitting on passanger side on the K member.

Is there an easy fix for this? Or will I have to pull them out and dent the primary?! So much for easiest LT's to install..

Also waiting on my TSP Y pipe still that was ordered 3 weeks ago on 8/7..but thats another thread..
Old 08-31-2012, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Same thing happend to me last weekend when i put mine on. I just ground down the bolt head top an bottom and then used a air chisel to knock off alittle xtra metal where it was hitting on the k member. All was fine untill today when something else started hitting.... Not sure what it is yet exhaust or header. I sent a msg to Aaron at tsp last saturday an he did say it was weird that it hit the steering shaft bolt so mayb a bend or two on the driver side primaries is off a little?????
Old 09-01-2012, 02:42 AM
TECH Resident

Good to know Im not the only one with this issue.i was thinking about denting the primary alittle but idk about that. I really dont wanna grind on the bolt that holds the shaft on.. thats my main concern. I have brand new poly motor mounts for what its worth.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

I understand about not grinding. Mine is not my daily driver so i did it..... Funny how i could grind a steering bolt but couldnt bring myself to dent the primary. You said yours hit the k member on the passenger side...... Mine hit on the driver side. Had good clearance on the passenger side. Thay call it custom for a reason.....lol. Let us know what ya end up doing
Old 09-01-2012, 02:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP please give us a call on Tuesday. I will do my best to get you taken care of and also address the ypipe situation and figure out what happened there. Sincerely apologize about the inconvenience.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you guys happen to use poly motor mounts?
Old 09-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

I did not.... But i wouldnt had made a difference in the bolt on the steering shaft hitting. As far as being so close to the k member i simply worked the k member over alittle an now all is good. Also i took off pacesetters an had no fitment issues with them. Imo chalk the little tweaks up too the nature of the beast.....lol. Really a small small issue compared to how bad *** my car sounds now. Thanks again Texas Speed.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by csess
I did not.... But i wouldnt had made a difference in the bolt on the steering shaft hitting. As far as being so close to the k member i simply worked the k member over alittle an now all is good. Also i took off pacesetters an had no fitment issues with them. Imo chalk the little tweaks up too the nature of the beast.....lol. Really a small small issue compared to how bad *** my car sounds now. Thanks again Texas Speed.
Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate the business. If there is anything else we can help with down the road just give us a call!
Old 09-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate the business. If there is anything else we can help with down the road just give us a call!

Yup cam swap coming soon.....
Old 09-02-2012, 03:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Aaron@Texas-Speed
OP please give us a call on Tuesday. I will do my best to get you taken care of and also address the ypipe situation and figure out what happened there. Sincerely apologize about the inconvenience.
Will do. I left a message last Monday I believe. The rest of the time I got busy signal. Email was sent Wendesday. My names Christian Clark fwiw.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:48 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Will do. I left a message last Monday I believe. The rest of the time I got busy signal. Email was sent Wendesday. My names Christian Clark fwiw.
When I get in on Tuesday I'll see what I can do to help.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

I just bought these.. i hope i dont have this problem.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I tried calling tsp but there is always a busy signal
I tried this many times

op's car has been at ny house for over a month and all we need is the y pipe and this stupid header issue which we shouldn't have had in the first place..
this issue is now making me hesitant to buy the 1 7/8 headers from you guys...

Quick Reply: TSP 1 3/4 Header issue