Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Had My Engine Rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Had My Engine Rebuilt

I've heard a lot of horror stories where it lasts for a week. I'm really nervous now because the guy gave it back to me with a code P305, random mis-fire on cylinder 5. It's erratic now. Sometimes it runs fine, and others it mis-fires big time.

Does anyone know of a success story with an engine rebuild?
Old 09-19-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, mine runs Great. A random misfire can be many things. Air, Fuel and Spark is needed to run. You have Air so if it were me i would look to the spark plug and wire and then check your Fuel Injector. I always do the simple things first.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not take the car back to the shop that did the rebuild and tell them to fix the problem? It shouldn't have gone out the door with a misfire code in the first place, which would make me pretty leery about how well they actually put everything back together.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. Yeah, he insists that he's just a mechanical guy and doesn't deal with electrical issues. This one HAS to be electrical because it's intermittent. I'm thinking it's something like an ignition coil, or maybe just a loose ground wire.

The guy wouldn't fix the problem, but I got him to pay for the diagnosis at the dealer. So I'm hoping it's something simple...I agreed to pay for the part.

But I am scared to keep it. Then what do I do, sell it to someone and let them know you're taking a risk. Maybe you'll have a good car for a few years, or maybe it'll die in 6 months.

Quick Reply: Just Had My Engine Rebuilt