Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another O2 sensor thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default another O2 sensor thread...

ok, so here is my story.
installed headers about 4 years ago, or so. car is modified as per my sig.

took it in for a tune with the stock O2 sensors and also had the rear ones turned off. everything worked great.

fast forward to a few months ago, i popped an SES light. i got it read, and it was a code P1133, bank 1, sensor 1. i had the guy reset it, and it came back a few weeks later. no, i have had ZERO issues until this one, and the car was driven about 25k miles before this code and has 87k total now. so i figure the sensors are going bad as they are 11 years old.

i ordered an installed a pair of denso 234-4617 sensors, as they have longer wires and eliminated my O2 extensions.

about a month after the installed i have now popped another SES light. I had it read and its codes P0153, P1133 and P1153 on both banks 1 and 2, sensor 1.

so am i right in assuming this means the new sensors are not compatible with my car??

i called Virginia Speed today, and apparently Ed has left (another issue), and the tuner said that those O2s are the problem.

so what O2s should i buy and install???

tony
Old 11-02-2012, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's common to go thru 02s on long tubes, but they definitely should last longer than a month. (i usually do mine once a year when they seem to start acting up)

Of course you can wait for more responses, but there are several threads about 02 brands that seem to be better suited than others.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

yeah, like i said, the stock ones lasted another 4 years after the LT install.

can i still buy the thimble style anwhere?

tony
Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey man I was having the same issues I had longtubes installed when I got my car and I went for a returned after a fast intake install... after the tune I got a O2 sensor code and was thinking how does it just go bad like that and asked my tuner he said sometimes just happens so he said always replace both at the same time, and was seriousaserious about using only ACdelco's... so I went on RockAuto and found them for like 35$ each... threw them in and work good ! Check it out if you want to get new ones bud, only ones I'd trust aswell for my car and it's pretty cheap lol.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

found a set of bosch 13444s locally, which are the old thimble style.

will bolt them on tomorrow and see what happens.

tony

Quick Reply: another O2 sensor thread...