Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! What Smooth Bellow to use?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! What Smooth Bellow to use?

Hey all, I need help on getting a correct size bellow for my setup. I'm running a Fast 92 with a Nick Williams 92mm throttle body and oem 85mm maf to a FTP 98mm lid. I'm running a HPS bellow but its way too loose around the backside of the maf that faces the throttle body. I know people say to use a slp bellow and stretch it, but Im not sure which slp bellow to Use. I'm just wondering if theirs a purpose made smooth bellow to fit this setup since its done quite often. Any links to parts or picture of people running a slp smooth bellow of the 92mm tab and 85mm maf are appreciated, thanks!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSxWS.6
Hey all, I need help on getting a correct size bellow for my setup. I'm running a Fast 92 with a Nick Williams 92mm throttle body and oem 85mm maf to a FTP 98mm lid. I'm running a HPS bellow but its way too loose around the backside of the maf that faces the throttle body. I know people say to use a slp bellow and stretch it, but Im not sure which slp bellow to Use. I'm just wondering if theirs a purpose made smooth bellow to fit this setup since its done quite often. Any links to parts or picture of people running a slp smooth bellow of the 92mm tab and 85mm maf are appreciated, thanks!
Buy the ebay smooth bellow and warm it up in boiling water. Once its hot slip it on the TB. The ebay bellow is the same quailty as the slp unit. Heres a link that might help as well:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...t-coupler.html
Old 11-09-2012, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Awesome thanks alot. Do you have a link to the ebay smooth bellow?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

And/Or an image of the bellow orrrr size? Lol sorry
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I used a 4" x 4" with a 22* angle from intakehoses.com....cost is $27. It will fit on the MAF after you tighten it up just fine and fits the 92mm TB perfect. It does require a little trimming to line up just right. I can now take my lid, MAF, bellow on/off in one piece in about 20 seconds.

Last edited by BrntWS6; 11-09-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Help! What Smooth Bellow to use?