Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 78 question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast 78 question

Ok guys so I have a question I have a full bolt on car besides the intake I just bought it and was going o put it on my 02 ws6...so I have an extra PCM with a jet programmer and one tuned for all my bolt ons except headers and no cats and that's what is in my car...so my question is while I send my pcmforless PCM off to get retuned can I use my other one with the programmer while I'm waiting? Thanks guys sorry if it's a stupid question haha
Old 12-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Staging Lane

Nothing? And any Tricks on doing it? I am finally putting it back together i guess I need to bend the front crossover lines. Any trick on not breaking another oil sending unit? What actualy breaks it? And should I install the fuel rails last? It seems like the best way to do it.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes you can run that PCM just don't get on it to much. Those programmers just add stupid amounts of timing. Also make sure you get the button head bolts for the valley cover so you don't crack the intake when you tighten it down
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Ok thank you for the reply, so I can use it just dont "use" my car haha but I can keep my foot out of it for a week. And yea I have already done the valley cover bolts, just need to install the new intake. Do u guys install the fuel rail on the intake while it's out or after its in. My o-rings seemed to be in good shape should I still replace them? Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewmeyes88
Ok thank you for the reply, so I can use it just dont "use" my car haha but I can keep my foot out of it for a week. And yea I have already done the valley cover bolts, just need to install the new intake. Do u guys install the fuel rail on the intake while it's out or after its in. My o-rings seemed to be in good shape should I still replace them? Thanks
Its recommended to swap them out. But they can be re-used if they are not damaged.

In addtion to the button heads. Be cautious of the fuel rail bolts. I know on my -102, its says not to use the stock bolts because they have a nub on the end which will dig into the intake
Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

So I mean how much do I need to worry about driving my car with the programmer tune ? I mean it says it can handle all bolt ons? I just want to be safety car has 153k on it.

Quick Reply: Fast 78 question