Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Constant misfire

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just came back from the machine shop and both heads pressure tested no problems intake or exhaust. He looked at the gaskets and couldn't see anything wrong there. We cut open the oil filter and there was a couple specs but nothing to worry about there. I wonder if my compression tester is hooped? I'm lost now, I don't want to spend the time to pull the pistons as looking at the cylinders, everything's normal. If I do have to pull the pistons, can I reuse the con rod bearings?
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any word on how to check to see if the pistons are sealing, I want to get'er back on th road. I kinda think it might have been the guage as 3 cylinders showin low, don't think so?
Old 03-16-2013, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got the pistons out tonight. Can I use brake cleaner to spray in the engine to clean it out and then spray wd40 to give it a coating so it won't rust. I'm wondering if the bearings will be ok with the brake cleaner and wd40. I want to rinse all possible dirt that might have fallen down inside the lifter holes and onto the cam and what not.

Quick Reply: Constant misfire