Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for pics of TSP headers installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for pics of TSP headers installed

I plan on installing some 1 3/4" TSP headers + ORY along with some Prothane motor mounts. I am wondering if anyone has any pics of their TSP 1 3/4 headers installed? I have read some threads about them hitting the steering shaft and hitting k members. Anyone have pics to show how either you solved these problems or showing how nicely they actually cleared these items?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

that issue that you are talking about is with the TSP 1 7/8 headers and they just barely touch the steering shaft knuckle. you will have no issues with the 1 3/4 headers.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am always reading and hearing about the TSP 1 7/8" headers. I would still like to hear and see some pics about peoples experiences with the 1 3/4" versions.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you I just installed my 1 3/4" headers and I thought it was going to be a huge pain in the a$$ and it was about a 30 second install. It is literally the easiest header to install that I've ever put in. I do recommend that you pop the steering shaft out (gives you a ton of room, takes like 2 mins) and you jack the car up about 2 feet. If you do that you will literally have no problems installing them. The only thing I don't like is it looks like it is touching the k member a little bit which may cause a rattle but I am not sure as I haven't got to drive the car since I have been redoing alot of other things.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by patroick67
I can tell you I just installed my 1 3/4" headers and I thought it was going to be a huge pain in the a$$ and it was about a 30 second install. It is literally the easiest header to install that I've ever put in. I do recommend that you pop the steering shaft out (gives you a ton of room, takes like 2 mins) and you jack the car up about 2 feet. If you do that you will literally have no problems installing them. The only thing I don't like is it looks like it is touching the k member a little bit which may cause a rattle but I am not sure as I haven't got to drive the car since I have been redoing alot of other things.
^^^^
Yep mine hit k member, I cut a slit about 1/2 around the colecter with a hack saw and, pulled the end down about 1" and still had good ground cleance then welded the slit up, spray paint with some cheep crome paint, wraped my headers with headed wrap, been good for about 11-12 years, still no problems
Johnny

PS: I do not remember if they are 1 3/4 or 1 7/8
J

Last edited by SS SLP2; 03-22-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Launching!

i have 1 7/8 tsp and they fit. driver side was a little difficult but it dont touch any thing after install

Quick Reply: Looking for pics of TSP headers installed