Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported FAST 102 "Stealth" version

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good. Tony, Got a little suggestion for you to experiment with on retexturing If you haven't done so already. When I made the lower grille center section on my cut down 2010 Camaro nose grille, I heated the material with my hot air gun & a slightly worn drywall sanding sponge is what I ended up using to create a similar texture to what I needed. I,d imagine by now some company may have (stamps) to heat up & press against plastic to create certain textures. OR grinding the reverse of what you want to see into a scrap of metal, which is basically how molds for items such as woodgrain fiberglass doors are made.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the same thing to my 102 about two years ago. Part of it was aesthetics and part was fitment. The letters actually rubbed on my hood. I used a wrinkle coat. I will admit I didn't spend as much time as I should have in the nooks and crannies but it turned out very well. When I get back to the states I'll try to post up a pic.

As always, great work Tony!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Looks great. I'd butcher a gray FAST without hesitation. My black FAST 92, I couldn't do it.

Quick Reply: Ported FAST 102 "Stealth" version