Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG CME Setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG CME Setup

I've seen this done before and with having a CME setup myself, I am very interested. I was just wondering how the install will go? Is it a PITA... I don't know if it is just me but I feel limited to my options... can anyone clear my mind set?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My buddy runs this setup and overall its not bad. The gmmg comes with the over axle pipe and mufflers all welded as one piece so you have to jack up the rear of the car very high. We had his front bumper almost touching the ground then you just rotate the setup over the xle and connect the i-pipe took us only about 45 mins start to finish. The CME wont mount up rght to the gmmg bu any muffler shop with a welder can fix that is a few mins.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha thankfully I have an auto shop on base with tools and lifts. Once I get my parts all ordered and in hand I'll be renting a lift for around $36 /day.

Can I just buy the chambered mufflers and have a pipe weld them in place? How does the custom GMMG CME setup work?

Quick Reply: GMMG CME Setup