Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake bolts tightening

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Intake bolts tightening

I've been having some odd fuel trims at idle and at cold start some rough running. Would start ok and run smooth for about 2 mins then shake for 2 mins until it got into closed loop. I tightened the intake bolts a few weeks ago but it really didn't help.

Yesterday I'm thinking it gotta be a leaking someplace on the intake to make it act this way. When the intake is cold it doesn't seal very well, once its warmed up it moves around and things seal up.

I figured the seals are flattened out and need replacing, BUT just for grins I'll recheck the bolts. ALL the bolts were loose AGAIN, so this time I warmed the engine up and kept going over them until as the engine cooled down over an hr. What a difference, the bolts moved quite a bit more and now the intake is sealing. The cold start shake is gone.

Just goes to show ya this nylon intake needs complete attention if you want to eliminate any problems.

Quick Reply: Intake bolts tightening