Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1again
Honestly, you're kind of over-thinking it. As we can easily tell, numerous people here have bought the eBay headers, and I highly doubt they all got them from the same exact vendor. Based on that assumption, one can also safely assume that they are all pretty much the same and will vary very little if at all. If you look at all the ads, they all look the same as well. You might as well just pull the trigger on a set, or otherwise go for the Speed Engineering set, at least that way you have a US-based, readily available vendor to help you out if you receive a set that doesn't seem right for whatever reason.
No, i am not over thinking it. That is the whole purpose of this thread. I am not looking for questions or comments from people other than those that have recently purchased these headers and have had a good experience. Not trying to be a D, but posts like ours add nothing and are EXACTLY what i am NOT looking for. Dont post here without relevant info man, again, that is the point. Several others have subscribed looking for the exat same info. one either has it or they dont. no worries though.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Please, dont post just to post. All you do is make people check lok at their email and click just to see non-relevant info. Please. I could respond to 100 different ebay threads, or i could start my own and try to keep it specific. no useful info?...read and move on, who gives a S?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Typical downstate New York attitude, go figure. Listen man, I offered up an opinion to try and help you here. You're looking for help on a product not offered by any LS1Tech vendor, and a product overlooked by many in favor of a more expensive version produced by reputable vendors. Which means you're not going to find many people here who can give you the answers your truly looking for. So that is why I posted, to try and help you find an alternative, or make your decision a little easier. I'm not just "posting to post", so stop being a ******* retard. Hell, even if YOU don't like the advice, maybe one of the brighter people reading this thread might take something away from it.

Telling you that all the designs look 99% alike, and to just pony up the extra 50 bucks for Speed Engineerings headers since they will be able to support you, are both relevant and useful pieces of information to your overall goal of acquiring a set of budget headers via ebay.

Good luck on the header hunt, and also with eventually getting over yourself. Which I know is tough for you down-staters.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought 2 sets from from zpeedstarz on ebay last year and no problems on either car fitment was nice and although the o2 bungs are on the wrong side of the header they still fit fine and dont hit. Just make sure to get a set of poly motor mounts when you do the install.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SILVER2000WS6T/A
Bought 2 sets from from zpeedstarz on ebay last year and no problems on either car fitment was nice and although the o2 bungs are on the wrong side of the header they still fit fine and dont hit. Just make sure to get a set of poly motor mounts when you do the install.
The o2 bungs were welded on the outside? And different from what is shown in the photos? Thanks for your info
Old 05-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Default OBX headers

did not purchase recently but purchased about three years ago obx off ebay, no fitment issues but used my own band clamps, gaskets, and bolts still holding strong with no issues and pushing over 450 rwhp
Old 05-26-2013, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Calvinator
The o2 bungs were welded on the outside? And different from what is shown in the photos? Thanks for your info
Yes the bungs for the o2 sensors were on the outer sides of they headers. The picture shows them on the inside like facing towards the transmission.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you guys have any questions just let us know. Were sending a race version set out on Tuesday to start the 3-4 month process with China. It will be a completely different design all together than the current ones on the market. Should be, better quality, fitment, Race Version, and were trying the keep the pricing close the the current pricing.

If anyone is having a hard time deciding. Honestly, the headers currently on the market are not bad for the price. I would say out of every 100 sets you will have 1 or 2 that have fitment issues. The main thing we can offer is complete replacement with any sets that come through defective.

Thanks
Sean
Old 05-26-2013, 08:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
If you guys have any questions just let us know. Were sending a race version set out on Tuesday to start the 3-4 month process with China. It will be a completely different design all together than the current ones on the market. Should be, better quality, fitment, Race Version, and were trying the keep the pricing close the the current pricing.

If anyone is having a hard time deciding. Honestly, the headers currently on the market are not bad for the price. I would say out of every 100 sets you will have 1 or 2 that have fitment issues. The main thing we can offer is complete replacement with any sets that come through defective.

Thanks
Sean
1 7/8 i hope and race version????
Old 05-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There ya go OP, Speed Engineering is your best bet. You're not going to get that kind of guarantee from an eBay vendor, so SE is honestly your best bet. I know this is more useless information that you probably don't care to hear, but hey, there it is anyways. Deal with it.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
1 7/8 i hope and race version????
Thanks Sean, your current ones do seem like a good way to go. So are the new ones going to be 1 3/4 or 1 7/8? By race you mean just all of the EGR/AIR crap is not present or are they some radically different design?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Thanks Sean, your current ones do seem like a good way to go. So are the new ones going to be 1 3/4 or 1 7/8? By race you mean just all of the EGR/AIR crap is not present or are they some radically different design?
They will be 1 3/4" with no Air/EGR. 1 7/8" is really only needed on larger cubic inch engines, or forced induction LS1's etc. We might eventually pickup the 1 7/8", but there will production runs for the Trucks, and new Camaros before that.

Thanks
Sean
Old 05-29-2013, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Speed!!! I was gonna order some of your current headers soon but now you have me thinking about waiting!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by 73CamaroLT
Damn Speed!!! I was gonna order some of your current headers soon but now you have me thinking about waiting!
Hard to say where pricing is going to be at though. We should know in about a month and a half. With the design, and material change its hard to say. Were going to look at all costs. Steel thickness, design style, Box type, and things like additional Logo's on the boxes etc.

Thanks
Sean
Old 05-31-2013, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd rather have a lower priced set of headers than a logo on the box. I am really interested in your LTs without the egr/air provisions,and relocated o2 bungs.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typical downstate New York attitude.....

Wasn't going to say anything but, damn. You're a little too new to the site to be copping an attitude. This isn't Yellowbullet.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

I installed EBay headers recently. They installed easily and look good. I'd recommend them to anyone on a budget.

I bought mine from ebay seller miragepower2008 but Im pretty sure they are all from the same chinese manufacturer.

- I suggest reusing your old header gaskets (or buy new OEM ones)
- Install poly mounts
- Install the O2 sensors BEFORE getting the header bolted to the car (since they are located on the outside of the collector)

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try my best to help you.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

literally just installed ebay headers from" speed-daddy" less than 2 weeks ago and they went in within 5 min. fit way better then my pacesetters i had before. cant beat the price and the fitment
Old 06-02-2013, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

I ordered from two separate vendors and the eBay headers were exactly the same. The first one I ordered from DNAMotoring. I asked for a refund because the inlets of the primaries weren't 1 3/4" - they were closer to 1 5/8. They had great customer service, they apologized and sent me an email with a shipping label to return it and a few days later I received a full refund.

The second company I forgot who I purchased from and it looks like I never left them feedback but the headers were the exact same thing. Same look and same size inlet primaries of 1 5/8" instead of 1.75". I also noticed on the insides of both company's headers there were welds that decreased the inlet diameter even more. I wouldn't be surprised if they were 1 1/2" when it is all said and done. I sold them locally.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1again
I'm not going to be much help, as I bought my ebay headers from a local kid that bought them first but decided instead to go with Kooks and their TD setup, but I did notice the collectors on my headers appear to be a little better design than what I'm seeing in most of the pictures. Whether or not those pictures are accurate of the received product, I don't know. And I don't know who he got them from, sorry. But here's a pic of what I have now, you can see the nice, long smooth collector that has a gentle transition from the primaries in to the collector. I would try and look for something like these if at all possible.... (also, I had my bungs moved over to the correct sides for both headers and also had the EGR's plugged, which was not done yet for this pic)

Could you post pictures of the inlet size and check for that inside welding that I referred to in the post above?

Quick Reply: Ebay headers