Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals, need some tone down help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default true duals, need some tone down help

Ok,my dilemma is i love my exhaust setup,tsp duals w/sweetthunders,imo it sounds sick and dont wanna change it,well where i live has gotten pretty strict and i dont wanna make everyone mad just from my car,i wanna keep the duals but what bullets can i run that would tone it down,i love borla n magnaflow,i liked my magnaflow catback but it didnt have enough anger to it,would adding magnaflow bullets help that much,or what have you guys done? Just trying to find options before buying mufflers,or going back to a magnaflow and adding a cutout,also if someone had some magflo or borla bullets and wanted to trade hit me up 4409356738,thanks for the help
Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO Magnaflow will sound perfect.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:54 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think your right,i want it much louder than the magnaflow catback,i think magnaflow with running them to the back will work,sucks because the st is the best sounding setup ive had and i have had them all,i have heard tons of vids mag vs borla,but its hard to get an idea how they are from a vid,i like a nice low rumble,almost a bass sound and idle,if anyone else has an opinion post it up,or maybe vids i havent heard
Old 05-26-2013, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got some tsp rumbler bullets thats very quiet if your interested.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a quick video of my cousin's Supercharged Tundra with custom 3" all the way true duals with twin Borla XR-1s and a magnaflow X-Pipe. Sounds real badass. It has a perfect loud tone and there is no vibration inside the cabin. Of course, its a total different engine with 4 overhead cams and a blower, but it gives you a small idea of the sound.

Quick Reply: true duals, need some tone down help