Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some issue installing LSXRT intake and rails, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some issue installing LSXRT intake and rails, need help!

Started to install my lsxrt today and ran into a couple issues that I needed some assistance with.

First off, I basically need to seal a hole. I bought this used and the previous owner had a fuel rail mounted evap. The mounting location for my evap is directly next to the existing hole and covers it partially. Below are some pics.

The first idea was to put a piece of tape under the hole from the inside and then fill with epoxy, but not sure how that would hold up under boost, or if it possibly might get sucked in..otherwise, I am not sure if I can convert to the 07+ style easily or if there is a better way to plug it.

My second issue is my fuel rails. The mounting points for them don't seem to line up with the injectors. First, it seems the injectors are too tall for the rails, pic below.

I also noticed the injectors wouldn't sit straight with the mounts there. I took it off the manifold and they don't seem to line up either..pic:

Not sure what to do there without making new mounting brackets...

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats the part number of your fuel rail kit?
Old 06-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure of the part number, I bought it used. All I know is it came off a Silverado SS.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That must have had different injectors..... :-(
Old 06-03-2013, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just drilled a new rear hole in my rails (the offset was alot on the intake, the front lines up) and made nice alum rail mounts to the intakes upper shell holes for them.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

remeber too you have to get a nut behind when you do get thouse rail brakets to line up. Mine super tight I think I used a butten head on the inside. I wanted to weld right to the rails, but use them on a few other intakes. You may want to set it up so thouse brakets go to the outside of the rails.

also the inj holes are a weird size if you use car parts ( I did) so you need to use a thicker Oring, Fast dosnt put them in with the RT parts, most guys are going to have them off a truck. looks like you have the inj in a spacer?

Quick Reply: Some issue installing LSXRT intake and rails, need help!