Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

white smoke from exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white smoke from exhaust

Ok, so maybe I'm getting bad at searching for threads on here but I can't find one that fits my cars symptoms. I will continue searching though while asking.

So, I don't know if these symptoms are related but here goes.

on cold start up there is a ticking noise from underneath the car, drivers side. I was thinking exhaust leak?

when the car has warmed up and you step on the throttle ( give it a slight rev) white smoke comes out the exhaust. it smells similar to burnt rubber, which is odd.

I have noticed lately that my car has been burning a lot more oil. The low oil indicator comes on between oil changes. I change the oil every 3-4k miles. I know ls1's are known to burn oil, however I listed it just in case it was a symptom of the smoke.

the car currently has about 90k miles on it. any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could be a bad head gasket.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

hmm. k so replacing a head gasket isn't too bad. I'd replace both at the same time. plus probably add a FAST intake while I'm at it. are there any other things that could be causing this problem?

thanks for the reply blackpanther99
Old 09-30-2013, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

mine does the same with my new motor it only has 15,000 miles and same little tick from under the car and it will white smoke after a startup and thats about it but i have brand new gaskets valveseals so what do you think it would be ?

Quick Reply: white smoke from exhaust