Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fast intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fast intake

i know people have posted about this in the past but i just wanted a refresher. i recently aquired a fast 102mm and i remember the old post about the rear mounted MAP's were lose causing all kinds of stuff. alot of the posts were years ago from what i searched and i was wondering does fast still have this problem?? my MAP fits pretty snug from what i can tell and that without RTV (granite its in the front of the intake) has anyone had problems with their 102's?? thanks in advance
Old 06-11-2013, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you come to message boards your bound to find problems. Most people post about negative things instead of positive. Long as yours fits tight and your okay with it i would run it. For good measure you can always use some RTV and call it good.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:38 AM
Teching In

They most probably became loose when fitted in the rear becasue they sit into the side wall of the manifold and may move around up and down.
When fitted to the front they sit on top so less movement.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I just bent a simple bracket in my vise out of some material I bought from the hardware store. Then I put industrial strength Velcro (soft side) on the inside of the bracket to help protect the sensor. Used one of the bolts that holds the shell of the intake together to secure it. Very simple, it took me 20 minutes and I know it's never coming loose.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Launching!

i appreciate the opinions and suggestions. i wanted to double check to see if people were still having the same issues with the 102 as they were with the 90/92. i didnt know if moving the mount to the front helped fix that issue or not.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would, personally, buy the Lingenfelter relocation kit that moves it to the EGR port on the front. Not as clean, yeah, but you pretty much get rid of any chance of crushing it or it coming loose (my car went Toyota style and floored itself when my MAP broke). I don't have the kit, but I just siliconed the crap out of mine to the point it was dripping everywhere just to get it stationary lol.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a boss by the map on the back and the kit comes with a screw for it. I used a piece of timing cover gasket and the screw to hold the map in. Connector is pointed up, plenty of clearance and no issues in 2500 miles thus far.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Launching!

well im definitely putting the MAP in the front of the intake. i already extended the wiring harness bc my previous setup was a LS2 intake and was mounted up front as well plus like stated above its much easier to get to. i guess i will use a new grommet and a fair amount of silicone and see what happens
Old 06-17-2013, 02:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I mounted mine on the top front. I just plugged the back. I didn't have much room back there anyway. Its been working just fine there for about three years now.

Quick Reply: fast intake