Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 102 on a ls1...what's needed?

Old 07-25-2013, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fast 102 on a ls1...what's needed?

So I have been searching this and am getting some conflicting info. I have a ls1 car with a Fast 92MM tb. I also have billet fuel rails and 42 lb green tops.

Now some people say the following:

The waterpump must be ground down. But some people say that if you run a 92mm this isn't needed. Feedback?

The coolant crossover tube on the front will not work. But some say it will work if you hit it with a hammer. Feedback?

The injectors will not seal. I will need o rings. Feedback?

The billet fuel rails will work but the bracket height will not be correct. Feedback?

The 92MM Fast TB will cover the whole gasket area. Feedback?

Other than this it seems that the 102 is overall a superior design and should be good for a few hp over a fast 92. Feedback?
Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slammin86
So I have been searching this and am getting some conflicting info. I have a ls1 car with a Fast 92MM tb. I also have billet fuel rails and 42 lb green tops.

Now some people say the following:

The waterpump must be ground down. But some people say that if you run a 92mm this isn't needed. Feedback?

This is true, 102 fits with a pressed together GTO pump though, no grinding.

The coolant crossover tube on the front will not work. But some say it will work if you hit it with a hammer. Feedback?

Needs more finess than that, but easily bent. I also think there is an ls3 crossover or something that clears.

The injectors will not seal. I will need o rings. Feedback?

You will definitely need orings, they come in the kit. I believe the green tops must be trimmed to fit ad well.

The billet fuel rails will work but the bracket height will not be correct. Feedback?

I believe they should work just fine, I used the oe looking rail though

The 92MM Fast TB will cover the whole gasket area. Feedback?

No idea.

Other than this it seems that the 102 is overall a superior design and should be good for a few hp over a fast 92. Feedback?

Different opinions, look for Tony Mamo threads for actual facts
My answers below you questions above. I have a 102, so ymmv, gl

You will also need to fab a bracket for your evap solenoid.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fast 102 on a ls1...what's needed?