Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C delete questions

Old 09-22-2013, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C delete questions

Hey yall. So my A/C compressor took a crap and its leaking pag oil and freon. I just figured I would go ahead and delete the A/C since I never really use it anyways since the car is a weekend warrior. I haven't found much info on deleting it on the LS1 though. My question is how to remove the compressor itself and which lines to remove. And will this cause a check engine light? Thanks for your help in advance!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Removing the A/C compressor isn't too bad. Once you locate the compressor, simply remove the 3-4 bolts holding it on and the electrical connection. The Bracket will also come off with it. I cut the belt as well to make it easier to remove. ALL A/C lines remove, basically just follow the lines and detach them as you go. The condenser (right under the lid and next to the radiator) also comes out.. No check engine light btw

I took mine off for the same reason. I hardly ever use it and it cleans up nice )

Attached Thumbnails A/C delete questions-n2o-7.jpg  
Old 09-22-2013, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok cool! Thanks! That's a really clean engine bay I might add! I guess I should spend a little time detailing mine haha
Old 09-22-2013, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol Thanks man .. good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C delete questions