Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Body Spring Tension

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Throttle Body Spring Tension

Is there any way to lower the spring tension on a cable driven throttle body?

Ever since I went to a FAST 90 and PTM 90mm TB, the pedal force required to drive the car has been significantly increased. It doesn't really affect driveability, it's just annoyingly difficult to push the pedal.

I spoke to the company it was purchased from and the consensus was that what I am describing is the expected behavior, but I'd love to get that more stock feel if possible.

Do the other aftermarket 90/92 MM TB's also require significantly more force or is that just a "feature" of the PTM model? I'd even consider buying another one if it would be any better.

Any ideas?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was kinda wondering this myself on my ported TB. Seems like cutting off a few coils of the spring would do the trick, just gotta reform the end of the spring where it attaches.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just concerned this would weaken the spring too much.....

But a wise man once told me that half of performance modifications to a car is "making" stuff work. LOL. Perhaps that is the attitude I should have in this case.

If all else fails, get a bigger hammer style.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spring Tension