Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle body frustration

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle body frustration

Let me run this by you guys and see if you've ever heard of this nonsense. 00 m6 camaro had a polluter cam and bbk intake installed and then got car tuned by gforce. Everything is fine and car runs well......UNTIL I leave the car idling for around a minute or so and then the ses light trips. Then if I drive the car for lets say 80-100 miles the ses light goes away. ****** nightmare. As you can imagine this makes it very difficult to get an inspection sticker since the car will trip the ses light while hooked up to the machine. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Btw forgot to mention I got it scanned at auto zone and the guy told me it was something to do with the throttle body but said he had never seen the code before. Told me the code but sadly I forgot since this was about 11 months ago. Smh I know a lot of help I am!

Last edited by BigBadVoodoo Daddy; 01-25-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would really help to know what code it is throwing. It could be as simple as cleaning your maf sensor or replacing O2's. Do you know what the code is?
Old 01-25-2014, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get it scanned.

Quick Reply: Throttle body frustration