Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle problems need help

Old 01-31-2014, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle problems need help

I have a 99 ss camaro with a 6.0L ported heads 92 mm intake 92 mm NW throttle body torquer V2 cam and th400 swap. Now my question is when I come to a stop it wants to idle down till it almost turns off. Any ideas why. Maybe the iac is bad I also have a stock maf and slp air lid that are kinda choking my nice intake and throttle body. Any ideas?
Old 02-01-2014, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

Default Stalling

Do you have a VSS signal going to your PCM? I have heard of people having similar problems using non computer controlled transmissions. You may have to get some sort of signal sender for your trans.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Any Idea How To Fix It?
Old 02-02-2014, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Default Signal

I think you use the sending unit for a digital speedo, most use a Dakota digital unit that is both mechanical and electronic. Then you wire the electronic signal into your PCM where the VSS signal originally went, use lt1swap.com for the pin outs. You will probably have to have your car tuned to get the right speed going to it, I think it needs 8 pulses per revolution.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: idle problems need help