Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What brand injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 12:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default What brand injectors?

I recently had my stock bottom end LS1 break a rod from what I believe was a leaking injectors. I pulled the fuel rails out and fuel trickled out of one of the nozzles on one of the cylinders (not even the cylinder that broke the rod) I definately don't want that to happen again so I need advice on what would be a reliable injector to go back with on the 408. I need a 42lbers. What do you guys think?
Old 03-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Deatschwerks injectors, they are pricey but one of the best in the industry.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
I recently had my stock bottom end LS1 break a rod from what I believe was a leaking injectors. I pulled the fuel rails out and fuel trickled out of one of the nozzles on one of the cylinders (not even the cylinder that broke the rod) I definately don't want that to happen again so I need advice on what would be a reliable injector to go back with on the 408. I need a 42lbers. What do you guys think?

Have you looked into having them professionally cleaned? May just be a contaminant blocking the seal. I've never had an issue w/ stock 42lb ers. If you end up replacing, I'd go that route. Not that they are better or worse than any other, they are simply a good injector.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

These were racetronix that had roughly 7k miles on them. I bought them new. Ever since I did the heads/cam from what I remember the car would have an occasional hiccup between 2k-3k. Like a very little stumble as rpm would climb and that was only at light throttle. After this happened I'm assuming thats been the problem from the beginning. I tried contacting racetronix about having them check just to be sure that is the problem but I can't get the contact us on their website to work for me to send them a email.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
These were racetronix that had roughly 7k miles on them. I bought them new. Ever since I did the heads/cam from what I remember the car would have an occasional hiccup between 2k-3k. Like a very little stumble as rpm would climb and that was only at light throttle. After this happened I'm assuming thats been the problem from the beginning. I tried contacting racetronix about having them check just to be sure that is the problem but I can't get the contact us on their website to work for me to send them a email.
http://racetronix.com/contact/

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Quick Reply: What brand injectors?